About us, our aims objectives and the Save Our BBC Campaign
What we stand for
- Maintaining the BBC’s programming, output, services and content as they are.
- Seeing that the BBC’s ethos is safeguarded.
- Ensuring that the BBC is allowed to develop in accordance with that ethos in a changing world, as technology and society progress
- Alert the audiences to the problem
- See if they are interested and care?
- If they are, gather analyse and report evidence
- Make audience views and opinions known and heard by the decision-makers
How are we doing it
- Setting up the organisation Save Our BBC
- Reaching the audiences and communicate the issues
- Getting reactions
- Gathering support
- Collate and coordinating the views
- Expressing the opinions to the key opinion formers and decision makers
Who we are
- A Campaign Group
- A not-for-profit Third Sector Organisation that is not a charity
- Registered as a Community Interest Company
- A company limited by guarantee
- Save Our BBC CIC
- To see the BBC survive and thrive
- To see the contribution to UK citizenship by the BBC’s broadcasting and services recognised
- To ensure broadcasting is recognised as cultural, contributing to civil society and not ‘just a consumerable’
- For the maintenance and development of media content production and broadcasts by the BBC in the BBC Charter & Licence Fee Reviews.
Find out more about the Save Our BBC team here.