BBC Continues to Showcase Hull During City’s Special Year
- Four-day spoken word festival Contains Strong Language to include UK premiere of Anthony Burgess’ masterpiece Clockwork Orange: A Play With Music – a BBC Radio drama performance with the BBC Philharmonic for BBC Radio 3.
- BBC Two to broadcast experimental project Flood: To The Sea.
- BBC Four documentary to explore Philip Larkin’s relationship with Hull as shown through his photography.
- Documentary series, One Bomb, to tell Hull’s experience of the Blitz.
- BBC News Channel to broadcast series of Hull UK City of Culture specials.
The BBC’s highlights for seasons two and three of Hull’s year as UK City of Culture will include a UK premiere of the music and dramatisation Anthony Burgess wrote to accompany his masterpiece A Clockwork Orange. It will be part of the BBC’s four-day spoken word festival Contains Strong Language.
Other highlights will include a series of Hull UK City of Culture specials to be made by BBC Look North in Hull and broadcast on the BBC News Channel. There will also be a BBC Four documentary looking at how poet Philip Larkin captured the spirit of Hull through his photography.