Call To Arms
Who we are
Save Our BBC is an independent lobbying campaign seeking to ensure a positive future for the BBC, in what will be continuing tough times.
We represent the opinions and wishes of the public and our members – ensuring your voices are heard and acted upon at the very highest levels.
Already we have:
- Built resilient online and offline communities.
- Established communications at the highest levels, including with DCMS, No 10, House of Lords Communications Committee, House of Commons Select Committee, All Party BBC Group, All BBC Campaigns Group, BBC, BBC Trust & other key players.
- Influenced the debate and consultations in Parliament, the BBC and wider media.
- Undertaken with academic support our own Independent Inquiry into accountability by the BBC and then published and promoted our findings & recommendations.
- Responded to hundreds of queries & concerns about the BBC.
- Developed analysis & research, raising awareness on the true place and impact of the BBC in society.
- Kept our membership abreast of key developments.
- Successfully campaigned against content & service cuts and highlighted threats of forthcoming cuts.
But there is still much to do. Our priorities for 2017 include:
- Lobbying the new Chair and Unitary Board of the BBC, when they are all appointed, to establish how the BBC will be held accountable by the license fee paying public (something that remains unclear currently – ‘The Missing Link’).
- Continuing our campaigns to minimise further proposed cuts to BBC programmes, services, content, production & websites.
- Highlighting the social, cultural, educational and economic impact of the BBC (ensuring it is not viewed solely on a balance sheet).
But we need your support to achieve this.
Save Our BBC is an independent ‘Community Interest Company’. Our Directors have set up the campaign and committed significant voluntary time and funds to get to this point; we are fiercely independent & not-for-profit. But we must meet our running costs to ensure we can continue to service our online & offline resources, administration, attendance at key meetings, conferences and Parliament.
Please support us:
We need 500 or more supporters to sign up to our Supporters Package for £20 to ensure we can continue our vital work into 2017. Additional donations are very welcome. To explore sponsorship opportunities please contact us.
We promise to work steadfastly on your behalf and keep you fully informed of all the developments as they unfold. Of course, we will involve you in our activities and give you as much opportunity as you would like to have your own say.
As a subscriber to Save Our BBC you will enjoy:
- The ability to follow and contribute to all our private & public areas of www.saveourbbc.net
- Regular updates regarding our campaigning activities, events and programmes.
- Access to Debate Rooms & Forums.
- Publications, Reports & Research.
- Discounts for any activities we’re able to run
- Weekly e-bulletins.
To support us click here.
Peter Blackman, Strategic Director
T 0845 652 0283
Download this document here.